MG Accident Support
In the event of an accident call MG First on
0330 100 3167
MG Accident Aftercare is provided free and is available 24 hours a day if you have an accident.
Call MG First regardless of whose fault it was. We know your MG so we can do something no insurer can do – guarantee the highest quality repair to MG repair standards and manage the insurance claim process for you. You will also be provided with a free courtesy car*. No hassle, no claims forms and no cost.
How MG First will help you
- Claim Handling – we will liaise with your insurer and process your claim
- Nationwide Recovery – nationwide accident recovery of your vehicle to Blackshaws Alnwick
- Courtesy Car – a free courtesy car for the duration of the repair*
- Certified Repair - exercise your right to an MG Approved Bodyshop repair
- Genuine Parts – we will use genuine MG parts to maintain the safety standards on your MG
- Repair Updates – we will keep you informed of progress throughout your repair
- Collect and Deliver – we will collect and deliver your repaired and valeted vehicle
- Warranty – we’ll ensure your MG warranty is maintained
- Resale Value Protection - the use of MG Parts & 5 year guarantee will protect the resale value of your car
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Shouldn’t I call my insurer first?
No. Most UK insurers want to repair your vehicle as cheaply as possible so they send you to a repair centre that suits them, not you – their ‘nominated’ repair centre. However, that bodyshop won’t know you, or your vehicle. It may not even operate to the latest MG repair standards as we do, or have the latest equipment or technical knowledge. They even avoid using MG Genuine Parts and that could harm your vehicle’s safety and resale value.
When you call MG First our dedicated team will exercise your right to have your vehicle repaired at an MG Approved Body and Paint Centre such as Blackshaws.
Will I need to report the claim to my insurer if you handle my claim?
No. We will notify your insurer of the accident and confirm which MG Approved Body and Paint Centre it will be repaired at. If you don’t call MG First, your insurer will dictate where your vehicle will be repaired and it will be too late for you to exercise your right to choose.
Is there any cost for this service?
No. This is a FREE service. There’s no catch, we simply manage the claim on your behalf. If the accident is not your fault we recover the costs from the other party’s insurer. Similarly, there is no extra cost if the accident was your fault. If you have comprehensive insurance your only liability is any uninsured cost such as policy excess.
What information do you need to manage my claim?
When you call us, we fill in a claim form over the phone. If you're missing some details, we investigate on your behalf. It's very simple.
If I call MG First will it increase my next insurance premium?
Definitely not. Any increase in your next premium will be no more than if the insurer’s bodyshop carried out the repair.
I’m an MG used vehicle owner – can I use this service?
This service is available to all MG customers, regardless of the vehicle’s age and to anyone that drives the vehicle providing they are insured.
Can you help for all accidents, even a small dent?
Yes, even the smallest scrapes. For an accident, no matter how small, you should always call MG First if you plan to make a motor claim.
Keep your MG 100% MG.
* A courtesy car is provided subject to availability when you call MG Accident Aftercare first and your car is repaired by an MG Approved repairer.
Book a Service
Click on the link below to book a service, MOT or Air Con check.Online booking
Click below to receive your tyre quotation from Blackshaws.Get quote
Find out more
If you have a question or you would like to contact us please click on the link below.Get in touch